Allegheny Highlands Repeater Association
– A.H.R.A. –
Host of the Target and Wide-Area Network Repeater Systems
1. Anyone interested in Amateur Radio will be considered for membership. Membership will be considered but not guaranteed.
2. There are two Chief Executive Officers, hereafter referred to as C.E.O.’s, for the Allegheny Highlands Repeater Association, hereafter referred to as A.H.R.A. The C.E.O.’s are Kevin K. Custer W3KKC and M. Scott Zimmerman N3XCC.
3. The duties of the C.E.O.’s include:
a. Maintain and control repeater operations
b. Appoint and oversee open offices
c. Approve general membership applications
d. Handle matters not specifically spelled out in these by-laws
4. The following repeaters are included in the A.H.R.A.:
|FREQUENCY||PL TONE||CALLSIGN||CITY and STATE||LOCATION||NOTES|
|51.80-||123||KE3UC||Johnstown, PA||Industrial Park||KE3UC/WJ8G|
|52.90-||123||KE3DR||Northern Cambria, PA||Northern Cambria, PA||N5NWC/WJ8G|
|145.110-||186.2||W3GFD||Sugar Grove, PA||Stilson Hill||Warren Co RACES|
|145.150-||186.2||W3GFD||Warren, PA||Stone Hill||Coming Soon|
|145.210-||186.2||W3GFD||Scandia, PA||Scandia, PA||Coming Soon|
|145.270-||123||KQ3M||Meyersdale, PA||Hays Mill Fire Tower||AHRA|
|145.270-||186.2||KB3ORS||Ludlow, PA||Ludlow, PA||Coming Soon|
|146.625-||123||WR3AJL||Central City, PA||Statler Hill FT||AHRA|
|146.625-||186.2||WJ8G||Warren, PA||Downtown||Changing to 147.375|
|146.655-||KE3DR||Northern Cambria, PA||Northern Cambria, PA||N5NWC/WJ8G|
|146.715-||179.9||N5NWC||Punxsutawney, PA||Punxsutawney, PA||N5NWC/WJ8G|
|146.835-||123||W3WGX||Seven Spring, PA||Laurel Mountain||AHRA|
|146.940-||123||WA3WGN||Johnstown, PA||Laurel Mountain||CRC/AHRA|
|147.015+||186.2||W3GFD||Warren, PA||Hearts Content||Warren Co RACES|
|147.105+||173.8||N3JGT||Sigel, PA||Hays Lot Fire Tower||Jefferson Co RACES|
|147.150+||167.9||KB3FML||Blue Knob, PA||Blue Knob State Park||N8PSU/BKRA/AHRA|
|147.375+||186.2||WJ8G||Warren, PA||Downtown||Coming Soon|
|147.390+||173.8||N5NWC||Rockton, PA||Moshannon State Forest||N5NWC/WJ8G|
|224.52-||N3XCC||Meyersdale, PA||Hays Mill Fire Tower||AHRA|
|224.68-||KB3BLF||Johnstown, PA||Industrial Park||CRC/AHRA|
|224.96-||N3XCC||Seven Springs, PA||Laurel Mountain||AHRA|
|442.075+||186.2||W3GFD||Youngsville, PA||Buckaloons||Warren Co RACES|
|442.200+||123||N3KZ||Meyersdale, PA||Hays Mill Fire Tower||WN3A/WJ8G|
|442.225+||186.2||W3GFD||Kinzua Dam||Kinzua Dam||Coming Soon|
|442.700+||186.2||N3KZ||Sheffield, PA||Sheffield, PA||WN3A/WJ8G|
|442.775+||186.2||WJ8G||Ludlow, PA||Ludlow, PA||AHRA|
|442.825+||123||KB3BLF||Johnstown, PA||Industrial Park||CRC/AHRA|
|443.050+||186.2||W3GFD||Grand Valley, PA||Goodwill Hill||Warren Co RACES|
|443.475+||179.9||N5NWC||Punxsutawney, PA||Punxsutawney, PA||N5NWC/WJ8G|
|443.525+||123||K3WS||Carrolltown, PA||Carrolltown, PA||CRC/AHRA|
|443.575+||123||KE3UC||Central City, PA||Statler Hill FT||KE3UC/WJ8G|
|443.725+||103.5||WA3P||Summit Mills, PA||Mount Davis||AHRA|
|443.925+||123||KB9WCX||Seven Springs, PA||Laurel Mountain||AHRA|
|443.950+||88.5||N3VFG||Somerset, PA||Negro Mountain Ext.||AHRA|
|444.375+||123||N3XCC||Johnstown, PA||New Germany||CRC/AHRA|
|444.475+||186.2||W3GFD||Scandia, PA||Scandia, PA||W3GFD/AHRA|
|921.000-||123||KE3UC||Central City, PA||Statler Hill FT||KE3UC/WJ8G|
5. There are three open offices and they are defined as follows:
a. Secretary – The Secretary’s function is to make and keep a permanent record of all official A.H.R.A. business.
b. Treasurer – The Treasurer’s function is to manage all financial matters of the A.H.R.A.
c. Control Operators – The Control Operators’ function is to monitor and control repeater operations per the current F.C.C. and A.H.R.A.’s rules and regulations.
6. Officers of an open office will be appointed by the C.E.O.’s.
7. Members of the A.H.R.A. will adhere to present F.C.C. rules and regulations and good amateur operating practice.
8. The above shall be considered the by-laws of the Allegheny Highlands Repeater Association, which may be amended by the C.E.O.’s without notice.
9. This association is not run in the normal fashion in order to protect equipment investments, keep things running smoothly, and allow for changes in a timely manner. The general membership is to trust how the C.E.O.’s will spend the association’s finances.
10. Membership in this association assumes you, as a member, have read, understand and agreed to abide by these by-laws.
1996 – Bylaws written at formation of club
2002 – Bylaws updated and club re-formed to its present state.
2012 – Updated bylaws to include current repeater / association list and call sign changes
2014 – Updated bylaws to include call sign change – WJ8G to W3KKC